Letter of Application
Letter of Application Points
- always accompanies a resume.
- except in very unusual situations, is never longer than one page.
- expands on key elements in the resume.
- customizes the resume to match a particular job.
- follows a conservative, standard letter format, such as left-justification.
- generally contains 3-4 paragraphs as follows:
- an introductory
paragraph that references the ad and applies for the job,
- one or two middle paragraphs that discuss specific elements from your
resume that make you especially qualified for the job,
- a closing paragraph that asks for an interview.