Tips for Using and Troubleshooting the LCC 3400 Site
This site is designed to be used by Georgia Tech students who have local campus access
through our ethernet system. The site is unique in that it pushes the boundaries
of the available technology to provide dynamic, immediately responsive pages.
Because the technology is sophisticated, your most effective access will be through
fast connections (ISDN or greater) and a powerful machine (greater than 200 mHz). If
you use less powerful equipment the course is still accessible, but
some areas of the site may load more slowly than they were designed to do
and you may experience some problems with the more dynamic areas of the site,
such as the contextual lessons.
These general tips will help you use the site most efficiently:
For most efficient access use
Browsers compatible with Netscape Navigator need the nppdf32.dll file
(Windows) or PDFViewer plug-in (Mac OS) to display PDF. When you install
Acrobat Reader, this plug-in is automatically installed in the Netscape plug-in
folder, if you have Navigator on your system. If you install Navigator after
installing Acrobat Reader, or if you’re using another browser compatible with
Navigator, you can install this plug-in yourself.
- Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher
- Netscape 3.0 or higher, and
- Ethernet, ISDN, or at least a 56.6 modem.
- Use the menu bar at the top of each screen to navigate throughout the site.
- Use the menu to the left of the screen if the scrollbar is missing.
- The icons on each page can be clicked for information, change of text, format, text treatment, arrangement of graphics, or to elicit responses to your choices at the sites. Use these fully for best results.
- Wait a few seconds to let the examples and contextual lessons load fully.
- Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of each page to access all the information there.
- If you have trouble accessing the site on one particular computer, use another on campus. Use the computer that allows you to access the site most effectively.
- Exit the site and reload your pages if you encounter extreme difficulty.
- To install the Web browser plug-in (Windows):
1 Open the Browser folder in the Acrobat Reader folder.
2 Copy the nppdf32.dll file to your Web browser’s plug-ins folder.
- To install the Web browser plug-in (Mac OS):
1 Open the Web Browser Plug-in folder in the Acrobat Reader folder.
2 Copy the PDFViewer plug-in to your Web browser’s plug-ins folder.